W. P. Carey School of Business faculty, staff, and student personnel actions are reviewed by the Dean's Office Accounting Team as part of completing the university's processes.
Where do I look?
Data Management in Financial Service — it's where you find information about Personnel Transaction Requests (PTRs), Training Guides, workflows, Academic and Graduate Renewal Process and requesting a security role.
Payroll is where you find schedules, calendars, time reporting guidelines, vacation/comp payout actions, and reconcilation guidance.
Submit all documentation to the Dean's Accounting Team, (e.g. letters, emails or any other documents showing provost, dean and department approval).
Salary and/or wage expenses for each employee are to be reconciled on a monthly basis. Below are best practices in reconciling payroll.
- Verify that the compensation rate for each employee is supported by the contract, offer letter, or other official documentation.
- Verify that the wages/salary paid are correct for each employee.
- Verify that employees are paid from the correct account.
- Verify time reported has been approved by a supervisor.
- Verify that payroll expenses by account tie between Advantage in PeopleSoft.
A Payroll Redistribution entry is used to correct an account number, position number, close date, or earnings code type of a payroll expense that has posted to PeopleSoft and Advantage.
You will need Human Resources access to My Reports and PeopleSoft to access pre-built queries to assist with reviewing payroll expenses — access through My ASU under the Computing, Phone & Data Services section.
Detailed information for salary/wage/ERE expenses is not available in Advantage.
Transactions for sponsored accounts will not be processed until it has been approved by an agency/org signer and the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects Administration (ORSPA).
- ASU Financial Services — Payroll
- BPC Dashboard (ASU login required) — provides a means to retrieve the payroll related information by college, department code, account, position number, or employee ID.
- Class Presentation Slides
- Financial Super Report (ASU login required)
- My Reports: BPC Report, Payroll by Month Query
- Payroll Reconciliation Dashboard Reports (ASU login required)
- Payroll Redistribution Training
- Redistribution Quick Reference Guide for Data Entry