Hourly Student Workers
All hourly student hires (Level I-III) are processed through the Kenexa Brassring hiring system. The waiver process can be used to hire an hourly student worker IV. ASU's Student Employment website provides you with the necessary resources, including an on-campus hiring checklist, to help you through the student hiring process.
Getting Ready to Post
We recommend that when you submit your position through Position Management, consider adding one or two more to the "positions to be filled" section. This will allow you to hire additional students later on in the recruitment process without having to submit a new requisition or request an additional hire. However, while a posting is in open recruitment and another vacancy comes up for the same position, you may request approval to make an additional hire of the open requisition. Follow the Kenexa Process Guide.
A few things to remember when posting your position in Kenexa:
- Once the position number is approved via Position Management, it will integrate into Kenexa. Kenexa integration times are every hour 6:00am- 6:00pm.
- When creating a requisition in Kenexa, start typing your information into the required fields and then select the correct entry from the drop down menu that Kenexa populates as you type. If you soley type your information and hit enter, without selecting from the drop down, Kenexa will not populate the rest of the form properly, which will inhibit you from moving forward.
- Posting Closing Date: Employers may request to take their position off of the student gateway after 72 hours OR you can request an extenton to the closing date before the posting actually closes. To make these requests, contact the Student Employment Office with the job requisition number.
Finishing the Hire
Firefox is the preferred browser for creating the offer letter and supports the insertion of a signature much better than other browsers.
Once the candidate has accepted the offer letter with his/her electronic signature, follow the Hiring Managers- New Hire Checklist to ensure the rest of the hiring process goes smoothly. This checklist includes new employee communications regarding additional hiring paperwork and information regarding computer access and trainings.
*Must maintain records of your internal interview evaluation forms and/or offer letter for 2 years post-termination.
Research, Teaching or Graduate Assistants (RA/TA/GA)
For competitive hires, please follow the same hiring process as for hourly student workers.
For waivers, please follow the same hiring process as that of a faculty waiver. Dean-level approval is not needed, therefore, these are processed completely at the unit level.
- Knowledge Base Digest
- Online BrainShark Training
- Types of Student Employment Program
- Tips for Students and Grads Trending Toward ACA Eligibility
WPC Human Resources Specialist
Student Employment Office