Home / Resources / Planning Event

Food & Beverage

Approved Food Providers

  • Approved food providers must be used for all on-campus events. ASU funds may not be spent to purchase food from businesses not contracted with ASU or on theĀ Approved Food Providers List.
  • For more information on policies regarding approved food providers, exemptions, donated food, etc., click here.

Exclusive Venues

  • McCord Hall: Atlasta Catering, with the following stipulations:
    • Contact: Melanie Butters,Special Events Coordinator
    • Any event scheduled in McCord Hall with alcohol will use Atlasta for beverage and food. When possible, these events should be held in McCord 450/Oasis where we have an on-going liquor license.
    • Any event scheduled in McCord Hall without alcohol should get a bid from Atlasta if you are getting bids from other caterers. After you go through this process, you may select whichever caterer is the best fit for your event.
    • Casual events such as pizza parties, brown bag lunches, etc., may use a caterer of their choosing.
  • Memorial Union: ASU Catering/Aramark
  • Old Main: ASU Catering/Aramark
  • University Club: Atlasta Catering
  • Sun Devil Athletics: Sodexo

Serving Alcohol

  • If you will be serving alcohol at your event, you need to complete a Permit to Serve Alcoholic Beverages on Campus at least 14 days prior to your event. If your event is held in McCord 450/Oasis, you do not need to complete this form, as McCord Hall has obtained a liquor license for that room only.
  • Review the ASU Police Department Manual on sales and service of alcohol.
  • Keep in mind, alcohol typically needs to be paid for in advance of the event and cannot be paid for using ASU funds (i.e. on a state or local account).

Quick Catering Reference Guide