Further embody the ASU Design Aspirations
- Embrace our place within the New American University
- Encourage more use-inspired research that drive solutions impacting Arizona and the U.S.
Put students in the center of all we do
Establish an identity for innovation
- Respond to rapid industry changes in our curriculum
- Establish solution-based centers/labs that aid university external research proposals
Advance research and teaching
- Elevate teachers and practitioners
- Promote interdisciplinary work
- Build a better bridge between research and practice
- All departments ranked top 10 in research productivity
- Management & Entrepreneurship ranked No. 1 in productivity
Gain agility, while improving effectiveness and efficiency
- Increase productivity and decrease complexity with no cost increases
Leverage our corporate partnerships
- Advance an innovative model for W. P. Carey that adds value for our stakeholders
- Align corporate partners with the school
- We are a more student-centric school
- We conduct use-inspired research by engaging professionally qualified faculty enabling us to increase community engagements and drive solutions impacting the state of Arizona.
- We respond to a rapidly changing environment with dynamic curriculum improvements
- We establish solution-based centers and labs that assist with external research proposals business plans, market analyses, white papers, etc.
- We promote interdisciplinary work, a signature of the New American University
- We redefine business education
To achieve our goal — and overcome our current challenges — we need bigger thinking. More importantly, we need better thinking. We have developed a groundbreaking organizational structure that can help us become more efficient and more effective.
In this structure, academic units would remain, but we would balance Scholars — tenure and tenure-track faculty and researchers who lead research expectations and curricular development — and Master Teachers — lecturers, clinical faculty, leaders of practice, and executives in residence. We will elevate the reputation and the presence of our Master Teachers (titles, industries, organizations), develop a center for business education innovation, and foster their engagement with experiential learning programs.
Master Teachers would be co-located, and led by an innovative faculty member tasked with developing faculty on-boarding, monitoring syllabi/content to reflect content domains, working with faculty on student issues and creating teaching advancement sessions, open to all faculty.